Rebellious Media Conference – community activism meets community journalism
Rebellious Media Conference. The Rebellious Media Conference, a major event to take place in Central London on 8-9 October 2011, is being organised by a committee that includes Peace News, Ceasefire magazine, New Internationalist, Red Pepper, Undercurrents and visionOntv.
This gathering will have three main purposes:
- to showcase inspiring examples of radical media practice;
- to further develop radical critiques of the mainstream media;
- to enable activists, journalists and students to engage in training and skillsharing.
The Rebellious Media Conference (RMC) is also:
- an opportunity for dialogue between radical media and mainstream media;
- for radical media groups to come together to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing us, particularly in relation to the digital revolution.