New version of AR-4i APP Now Available – Fostex News
New version of AR-4i APP Now Available – Fostex News.
“Quoted from Fostex Website:
The new version of the AR-4i APP (v.1.1.2) is now ready to Download with the Firmware Update.
The dedicated APP has been updated with the following new functions.
- “Deep” mode has been added to the Limiter parameters that extremely limits the input signal. It is effective for recording of continuous high level sound such as a live concert.
- “Input Attenuator” has been added to the Menu. Now each input can have attenuation of maximum -12dB with 3dB steps. It is very handy when for example mic and line are used simultaneously on the inputs. Also you can adjust the attenuation by the volume dial physically with the newly added “Input Vol Sync” switch On.
- Parameters of Low Cut Filter have been modified to more practical values to 80 / 200 / 300 / 600. It is useful to cut such unwanted low frequencies noise as wind, electrical appliance etc.
- Maximum Headphones Output Level has been increased by 3dB for precise monitoring even in noisy environment. Headphones Volume Limit function has also been added.
- A problem that static noise is recorded under specific condition has been fixed.”
- I spoke to a contact in Fostex just before Christmas and he said the only issue remaining is the 3G/WiFI switch-off on the iPhone 4S when used with the AR-4i. The Apple “made for iPhone” conference was held in November and Im told the issue was raised with Apple engineers. This is only an issue if you are using the AR-4i for live streaming. If you are shooting video to edit later then typically the phone is set to Airplane mode to avoid call interference.